You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Still learning

I’ve had the coach for a year now and am still finding things that I didn’t knew they were there or how it worked. After like 7 months of owning the RV I realized the steering column (on my 88) has tilt and telescopic, I loved it. Yes I drove all the way from California to Florida , when I bough it, with the steering wheel pretty much in the upright position.

This next month we are redoing the upholstery on our seats and when I disassembled the driving chair I found a couple of things I didnt’ know what they were used for or didn’t even noticed during this past year.

Headrest with speakers:

Airbags on the lumbar position, they are inflated and you can control each section with three blue buttons on the side of the seat(when you press that button air gets released from each section)

On the previous pictures you can see the “hug” feature (again, remember that this was on an 1988!) also the little compressor and the electric motor to move the upper section of the chair back and forth.

This is the control on the side of the seat. The one on the back controls the little compressor and the three blue buttons are the ones to deflate each segment of the lumbar air bags.

I didn’t know about this features so in case you were wondering about it now you know. Hope it helps someone.

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

My seat didn't have any of that fancy stuff, only option it had was the 'sore back' option, LOL

I found a Bostrom air ride with the 'back cycler' lumbar support --- I love it!

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Wow, that's really nice, adjustments on a seat like that really helps to be comfortable when driving.

Life is what you make it.

(09-18-2018, 05:54 PM)kyleb Wrote:  My seat didn't have any of that fancy stuff, only option it had was the 'sore back' option, LOL

I found a Bostrom air ride with the 'back cycler' lumbar support --- I love it!

They do great seats. Did you have to adapt the base to it or just fit right in?

(09-18-2018, 07:39 PM)propjock Wrote:  Wow, that's really nice, adjustments on a seat like that really helps to be comfortable when driving.

It will be if we can put it back together!  Big Grin

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

RE: Did you have to adapt the base to it or just fit right in?

I installed it in a Newell, of course I had to adapt it ! Big Grin

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740