You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AC when in travel mode

So while we are on this topic. If you lose the alternator, and I did once when the AC compressor locked and fried the belt, you can crank the gennie and it will power the engine battery if you merge the batteries.

To get home with a locked AC compressor, I bought shorter belts that would run from the engine pulley to the alternator. I keep those in the spare parts bin just in case.

Chester, in normal operation leave the switch in the center position and it will automatically merge. The switch is wired to activate in from either battery bank. Obviously the solenoid needs power to engage. If the trigger circuit on the solenoid was only wired to activate from one battery bank, and that bank were dead then you would be out of luck. Newell thought of that and wired it to trigger from the house or the chassis bank.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, thanks for the suggestion. I'm still learning about this coach. Yes, I do have a center position which I did not realize until you mentioned it.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica