You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Overhead Entertainment Cabinet Sag

Here's another subject that's probably been addressed before - although I did look pretty diligently for existing threads.    

The black monster that hovers over the driver and co-pilot appears to have dropped from its original position.    About 1" low on the left; 1/2" or less on the right.   Randy at Newell Service confirmed that this is an issue and gave me basic directions to shore up the unit before reattaching it to the plywood interior walls.    I'd be grateful for any other Guru tips and techniques before I tackle this.

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2544&page=4

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Since that is my thread I’ll chime in. The front TV is easily replaceable with a new thin, light LED TV. You will definitely need two people to get the black behemoth out of the hole but it is doable. SAVE your door! I used my existing door and just used a Harbor Freight flat TV mount (the $20 one that does not swivel) to attach it to the door. I did have to change the shocks since they were worn out anyway. I would send pictures but I don’t have any and the coach is still at a shop in TX...
Even though I put the 55” OLED behind the couch on a lift (which is just awesome) I still went ahead and replaced the front TV also. It makes for a nice storage area (still need to build some decent, level shelving in there)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40