You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for our Retirement Coach

Thanks for letting us join.  Patty and I are searching long and hard for our last coach.  We started off looking at other Alpines until we discovered that the CCC's were too low on newer Alpine Coaches.  So we have moved on to tag axle coaches.  Originally Country Coach, Newmar and Foretravel. I have always liked the Newell.  Especially the model with the raised roof line.  Can't tell you what years or why it was raised.  So I am going to lurk here and eventually ask some questions after I have read all I can here. 
Safe Travels
Tom, Patty and the "BIG DOG" Hannah.

2005 Blue Bird Wanderlodge M450 43' 9"

Welcome Tom, Patty and Hannah.

As to the raised roof line, In late 1994, Newell switched from the Detroit Diesel 8V92 to the taller Series 60 inline 6 engine. That resulted in decreased headroom in the bedroom. To compensate for this, Newell began offering a partially raised roof in 1995. Originally, only the rear 1/3 of the coach had the raised roof. By 1996, the raised roofs were extended to cover 50-65% of the length of the coach starting at the rear. By 2001, Newell began offering models with the raised roof covering 80+% of the length of the coach. In mid 2005 Newell introduced the 2000i model which extended the sides of the coach upwards to allow the awnings to be integrated into the top of the coach. This body style appears to be even taller. Late in the 2006 model year, Newell completed the transition with the P2000i which incorporated the Porsche designed front cap.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com