You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

both slides will not come in

roger i am going to check that out for sure. i had thought the same thing but it sure looks like they are the right ones. will find out tomorrow

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

ok,  time to eat some humble pie.  i finally sat down and spent a few hours going through everything.  i traced the hydraulic lines, the wiring etc to make sure i had hooked up the right plugs.  

as you know when you are retracting or extending, both the extend and retract valves are exercises since the ram has to move.  

since both slides were doing the same thing and i had replaced the extend solenoids for both slides i had thought i had connected the wrong plugs.......

but i had not  they were hooked up to the right packard plugs.  

the solenoids i removed were the older style ones with a quarter inch nut on the back to release the pressure.  the new ones have white spring loaded levers to do the same thing. 

i had in my mind that the lever needed to be straight out to release the pressure and folded over to operate.  duhhhh   no

just the opposite.  with the levers the way i had them the valve would not operate right.  all i did was to flip the level to stick straight out and wallah,,   everything works.

thanks for all the ideas and now feel free to tell me what a moron i am....

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Learning experiences don't make one a moron.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

ok....i just feel silly that it was just such a simple thing. that said, i am glad it was a simple thing....

tom