You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2019 No Rally Rally will again be the official Guru rally for 2019

Cindy and I just booked May 1-6th in site #356.
Look forward to seeing everyone!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Sure wish we could be there with you all. Sheri has to work during that time.
After 5 years of Newell ownership, and becoming a Newell journeyman, I too have a lot of experiences and repairs to share.
Still learning, thanks a lot to all of you!
Wishing you all a Happy and Adventurous New Year! ;-)

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

Planning for the 5th annual Guru Rally continues.  We are attempting to put together a group of seminars that will be of interest for the attendees.  We have received some suggestions, but would like to hear from anyone who is planning on attending what you would want to have presented.

Some of the seminars planned so far is a historical presentation by Michael Day.  A seminar on air leaks--finding & fixing.  Troubleshooting and understanding the most neglected system on a Newell, the air system.  An open question & answer seminar where any issue or subject can be discussed.

Please post, PM, or email me any other suggestions you have.

For any one who has not attended a Guru Rally, the seminars are provided for those that are interested in the topic.  There is no requirement to attend the seminars or any seminar.  No roll is taken.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Georgia and I are scheduled to arrive on May 1 and depart May 10. Site #353.

Looking forward to it!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I will be coming in on May 6-13 and had to move to lot number #260. Look forward to seeing everyone. I will be going to Newell for the week of Feb 3rd.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

It looks like I make the tenth to reserve a spot. Karen and I will be in site 329 from 5/1 thru 5/10. I look forward to absorbing as much Guru information as possible. I'm like a sponge for Newell information..

I will have with me extra water pumps in boxes, from a large misunderstanding. If anyone is in need or knows of someone who does need, lets make a deal.

A valve was not functioning or I misunderstood how to have it turned, and it cut water supply to both pumps. I couldn't get any pressure out of either so I jumped to the conclusion that they were bad. After replacing them both, I learned of the valve and now have 2, approximately 12 year old (original) pumps. 1 ea 12v and the the other 110v.

This is one of the reasons why I need to be at this gathering. I look forward to meeting you all.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

DK,
Look forward to meeting you!  You are the tenth Newell to reserve a spot.  We also have three ex Newell owner friends who are scheduled to attend.  

The rally will be a great place for anyone to sell spare parts they don't need.  I also have some used parts that I was going to give away.  They are still good and could serve as spares to keep you off the side of the road waiting for new parts.

For those that have not attended a rally, we will have owners attending that have owned Newells for over ten years and offer a tremendous amount of expertise.  We will have an AquaHot certified technician that willl offer service, parts and any needed advice and instruction.  We have the Newell historian that has an unbelievable knowledge of Newells past & present. We have a Newell owner coming who has his own generator business.  We have an owner coming who was the first person I am aware of to successfully install Lithium batteries in his Newell and a Newell who is currently using the new Lithium technology. 

And the most important part of the rally is that you will meet some of the greatest people in the world that have become my Newell friends--when something goes wrong, it is great to have a Newell friend to call to talk you off the cliff!

The resort has room for many more Newells.................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-05-2018, 09:31 AM)rheavn Wrote:  "please feel free to say that your rally is once again the official gurus rally."  "we got called to go on a church mission from april 1 to october in southern utah at cove fort."  Tom

I am glad to announce that the plans for the 2019 Guru rally have been finalized.  This will be our 5th year of having the rally.  The rally will be at Bella Terra RV Resort in Foley, Alabama.  Any & all are welcome to join us.  For those of you that have not joined us at Bella Terra before,  the Guru rally is just an opportunity for Newell owners to socialize with other Newell owners in the S/E part of the country. 

We will be there from May 1st thru May 15th.  Join us for any time within that period or the entire time.  Bella Terra is a top rated resort with all expected amenities.  They have 3 levels of sites which range from no improvements to full outdoor kitchens.  Make your own reservation for the site  & type you desire.  All Newells are welcome in this park, if with the rally  Classics too.    Both the park management & the Homeowners Association have agreed to waive the 15 year rule for any Newell attending the rally.  If you have any problems, let me know & I will take care of it.  For anyone who wishes to take advantage of the monthly rate, Suzy & I will be staying for the entire month of May.  

When placing a reservation, call Katie, who is our contact.  Tell her you are with the "Newell Group" and she will assist you in securing the site you want.  Suzy & I will be in site #349, which is in the n/e part of the resort.

The resort is located just a block north of Gulf Shores, AL and is just a 15 minute drive to beautiful white sand beaches.  Lots of good restaurants & shopping to meet any one's taste.  During this period the area has a balloon fest, Art in the Park and a music festival on the beach.  It is only a 1/2 hour drive to Florida.  The Blue Angels put on exhibitions twice a week in Pensacola--free.  

We will be presenting seminars on subjects that you are interested in and suggested by attendees.  One of the seminars that has been suggested is finding and solving air leak issues.  Please email or PM me any suggestions for additional seminars you may have.  [email protected]

We had a great turn out last year and hope for even more in 2019.  Unfortunately medical treatment kept me from attending last year, but we will defintely be attending as this is our favorite event of the year.  Don't miss out on the fun and meeting new Newell friends and old Newell friends too.  Don't forget that our SOB(some other brand) friends are welcome too!

https://www.bellaterrarvresort.com/

Hello Steve. We will be site 340.

Feel free to email me with any questions..................................................Steve

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Site 357 May 1-May 15.

1995 # 390

Can't wait to meet the folks who have not been able to attend other get togethers.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )