You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1 Slide Stops 4" short of closing

In speaking with him he said he built a table just recently and used it for the first time a week or so ago.  I feel like once we have access it will be straight forward fix....keep your fingers crossed!

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify something. 
The name of my company is:
Precision Coach Works 
We are located in Zephyrhills Florida. 
I’m glad I can assist.

My bad sorry about that...thanks for clarifying.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Update; we moved the coach to Precision Coach Works this past week.  Kris is currently working on removing the slide to gain access to the  #1 SS slide plate. 

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

We just had our front slide seal replaced at Precision Coach Works and can't say enough good things about Kris Jones. He not only replaced the seal but also installed the air evacuator pumps for both slides, repaired a number of air leaks, a couple that I would have never found and resealed around both slide out skins. He also made a number of other repairs including getting our dish washer to work, this was something that my wife really wanted. What I appreciated the most about Kris was dealing directly with him, not a service manager, his skill and knowledge of Newell coaches and his honesty. He is the only guy in Florida that I will ever take our coach to in the future. Thanks for everything Kris

Dario and Andrea Perini
2001 45' #581

Anytime Dario,  thank you for giving me the opportunity. My phone is always on.

All,
Would also like to thank Kris for the slide skid plate repair and the skin lap rivet replacement.  We went in just behind Dario's coach and picked ours up yesterday.  Our thought process was we could go to Newell for the rivets and take care of the slide while there or stay close and work with Kris on this project.  We decide to go with Kris for two reasons one was a financial/time issue the other was to build a relationship with a "Newelladgeable" person who is close by.....we were not disappointed!  Reiterating what Mario already stated, Kris is customer orientated, honest and will look for the most cost effective way for a repair.....case in point our slide skid plate repair.  Thanks again Kris for the great job. 

BTW, replacing the rivets and adding more to the skin really seam to tighten the coach up....may be my imagination but it does feel better on the road.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve, thank you for giving me the chance to work out those issues for you. The re-riveting of the skins does help with rigidity and will help with removing some bounce. The last coach i did the re-rivet on, the customer told me the the same thing about the ride feeling stiffer. 
Thanks again
Kris

If you have this problem how do you drive the unit to a shop?

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

Joe,
Very good question!  Disclaimer; use any of the following information at your own risk!

In my case, we were 4 hours from home and had no idea what was causing our problem.  We evaluated the risks, and had to do what we had to do in order to get home.

I retracted the slide till it stopped the 4" short of closing.  Kept the seal deflated in case there was any outward movement that might pull the seal out of its place.  Thankfully we had some nice weather and no rain....it was kinda noisy from the wind but tolerable.   The hydraulic cylinder held the room in that position the whole trip.  The salon room did not move which I kept a close eye on the whole trip home.  Once we found out the problem we scheduled with Kris at his shop a few weeks later.  Driving to his shop we did the same thing only had 60 miles to go and did not have any issues. 

As it turned out, the problem would be very difficult to fix in the field. It was a hard mechanical stop with no way to do a work around.  So again, we evaluated the risks and it worked out fine for us.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL