You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Non-Air Door Adjustment

The door to our toilet room is hitting the floor slightly - anyone know of an adjustment that can be made to the hinges?  I pulled a little wood out from behind the hinges but there is only maybe 1/2 and inch in behind there.  I can always chop the bottom of the door off but did not want to mess up the laminate covering with a saw (I know to tape it so it does not tear out).

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Can you put a thin shim behind the lower hinge?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Has the door drug since you owned the coach? Has it gotten worse?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I think we may have gotten water from the toilet or the shower under the granite tile and that is what is making the tile bulge up. I don’t think the shims would work because it would throw the sides of the door off - I’m up to trying it though if I can figure out what to make them out of that would be thin enough. Otherwise I will just try to cut off 1/4” or so from the bottom.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Wouldn't it be easier to just fix the floor?      

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve: Exactly why I’m asking! I would think I would need to tear out a whole section of floor in order to remove the bad wood. That would lead to finding other sections of flooring that are iffy then to tearing out everything in the coach and putting wood down (which I want to do eventually to get rid of the carpet)...
Honestly, I don’t know how hard it would be to 1) tear out the one or two feet of wood under the floor 2) replace the tiles with new ones that would match - I would think the color would not match. I know the floor is probably some variation of Butterfly Verde but since all granite is different I doubt it would match...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

Post a pic of your floor. I have almost two boxes of one of the common tiles of the era.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )