You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2019 New England Tour

Thanks Richard, that's on our list in a year or two and I've saved your itinerary.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ditto ! I too saved your itinerary. I find it interesting that we have traveled some of the same area, but the only RV Park we have both used is Holiday in Chattanooga, which is one of our favorites. The others did not come up on our advanced radar system. We will be making note of the others and giving them a try when in the area.

Many thanks,

Guy

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Glad to hear you had a great trip. I too have this area on my bucket list. 2020??. I've saved your agenda for myself also. Rhonda should be charging as a travel agent...

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Rhonda is great. She is a planner by nature, education, and profession. I am the lucky recipient.

Just wanted to pass along that the campground tight reservations situation is worsening not getting better. She has completed the reservations for most of the 2020 tour. She thought campgrounds would laugh at her for making reservations so far in advance. Nope. The campgrounds already had tight schedules for the holiday weekends next summer. Just a saying if you have anywhere special in mind for next summer, you might want to look at your accommodations for the holiday weekends.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Depending on your route one unique thing to do is a house boat (barge) trip along a section of the Erie Canal, although I think it is best with another couple or other family members. Since you're used to an RV the barges are an easy transition. Lots of interesting sights in the villages along the canal and navigating the barge through the locks is a fun challenge, although sitting in the top lock, near Seneca Falls was a little nerve wracking thinking about the 100 ft fall (flush) if someone opened the wrong gate. There is a bike trail along most of the canal and plenty of room for bikes on the barge. Also you can drop off a biker at one stop and pick them up a few miles further at the next stop.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741