You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Maybe not a "Tool"

But, has anyone ever used a fabric type cover to protect their coach. Wonder if they actually provide protection against heat and rain.. I am currently looking at building a cover, BUT the cost of not wanting to use it is crazy. 20 x 60 $10,000.00 up. meeting code. However a fabric cover is OKHuh

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Matt,
When I lived in California I always covered my coaches using fabric covers. They worked good for protecting the finish and keeping it clean. I always used a breathable material so as not to trap moisture. There were three common problems. #1-keeping the cover on in the wind. #2-sun deteriorated the covers rather quickly. Most only lasted a couple years. #3-hard to get on by yourself.

Hope this helps......................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Matt,

If you remember my motorhome carport, it is just a roof with 2 sides and the front & back are open. It was not expensive to build; the most costly thing was the labor. Materials were about $3000 if I remember correctly.

Built it 20 years ago. You should be able to build it for about $5000 or $6000 today. It does a good job of keeping the sun off of it.Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot