You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide trim troubles

Gang,

Yesterday, I was extending my big slide and the trim piece in the picture somehow got caught up in the slide mechanism. Notice that the top is not parallel to the floor anymore. When I noticed the problem, I brought the slide in, but then ran it out again.

Its not clear what the trim piece is hitting, but it has seemed loose ever since I have owned the coach. So now is the time to fix it.

Any thoughts as to how to get started? The piece is right next to the dinette.

Cheers,
bill

ps. The same thing previously happened to my bedroom slide, and Newell fixed but I did not watch the repair.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, looks like photo is sideways. Perhaps a larger photo would help.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

actually i think it looks kinda nice tilted up like that.

my advice you need to take with caution because i am not afraid to rip things apart. look under the seat of the dinette there and see if there is an access panel cut out.

in my tearing things out even on my 02 i have seen some method to the assembly. likely that piece was put in before they put the dinette in, so you might have to take that piece of the dinette out. it is probably just screwed to the floor on the inside. my guess is it is easily removed. then you would see how that other piece is held in place.

i guess it is possible it was put in place and screwed before the corian top was put on.

is it even possible that it is just friction holding it behind there? not likely but possible.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH