You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Busted Speakers??

My Newell had around a dozen speakers in it when I bought it. They were high-end , made by ADS. (Similar to Braun or Focal). About half of them needed new cones etc. Since I am a DIY kind of guy I bought the components and learned how to recone them myself. I have since re-foamed JBL monitor speakers successfully. If your coach's speakers are not working, buzzing etc. they may be repairable. I will offer advice and could possibly re-cone them for you for the cost of materials. If you would rather replace I might be interested in your non-operating speakers.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I would be interested in this! Our speakers sound ok at low volume only. I wish there was a subwoofer in the system but I have not found one. I would like info on re-coning the speakers please. I’ll have to remove one when I return to the coach next week. Thanks!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

What type and size speakers are in your Newell? Are they in enclosures or mounted in the valance etc? Take a couple pics if u can

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I replaced my original Alpines that are 22 years old. They are the 5 and 1/4 diameter . I was going to trash them

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]