You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pressure Protection Valve (found)

I did not know where the PPV was located on our coaches, despite having searched for it. It is located on the bulkhead forward of the drive axle. 

I was trying to help a fellow Newell owner who could not build pressure in his supply despite having plenty of pressure in the brake tanks. We suspected the PPV but his tech could not find it. Now we know it’s location. 

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard:

Is there more than one valve?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I have only found one on my coach and it is up above the drive axle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I only saw one. The reason I posted this, was that most techs/mechanics will start the search on top of either the primary secondary brake tanks, or the wet tank. On our coaches, it is on neither.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Yes, that is where I looked also.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I could have sworn that the bus mechanic in Phoenix said mine was located over the primary tank... maybe that is something else? I need to build some cribbing so I can crawl under there and check it (and replace it!)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Is that a Bendix PR-4 (288323N) with a 70 PSI closing pressure?

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Adrian, I have a check valve on the inlet hose on top of each of my two front mounted brake tanks but my PPV is over the drive axle.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Jack, that sounds right.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad