You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed

Hi gang, my name is Bill. I have been looking at older bus conversions for a while now, GM 4104s and 4106s as well as MCI buses. I stumbled across a few older Newells, most turned out to be ancient adds, I don't know why they don't take them down after they are sold. The older Newells 89 and back to 84 have caught my eye, and I know that everyone on here has been drooling over the one in NC, but I'm like most on here, it is not worth what they are asking, and it's at a dealership, so you get to pay even more for it. I had one guy pulling my chain from MO on a red and silver 86, he was using the add pictures from when he bought it, ever how many years ago, or he is just a scammer, trying to cash in on a dreamer. I do like them a lot, and they are well appointed, and they remind me of a bus, and that is what I'm after, but being down here in Texas nothing remotely close has come up for Newells anyway. Still looking for that needle in a hay stack.

It will work itself out
It always does
At the last drop of doubt
Just like it never was

Welcome Bill. Which part of Texas are you in?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Welcome , Bill !
Classic Newells at a reasonable price are rare . Hopefully something will turn up that fits what you are looking for. 
I spoke to a man in Texas a few years ago regarding Detroit two stroke engines . His shop was Tejas Coaches . Thinking you might know of the place with your searches .
Good luck, 
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

(11-28-2022, 05:39 AM)kaptain Wrote:  Welcome Bill. Which part of Texas are you in?

I'm in north central Texas about 60 miles from Dallas

Yes, the Tejas place I heard was selling off everything and going in a different direction.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

Hello Bill and welcome, I'm pretty new here also and these guys are a wealth of knowledge! I stopped and looked at the red and silver 86 outside Lake of the Ozarks, the woman who was selling was not very up front but we didn't waste any time there as we were on our way to MI to look at a 92 at auction. The old coach had seen its better days, the tires all had sunk into the ground and the belly was sitting on the ground on one side, there was a few creatures who looked to made a home in the belly part. The inside was a mess, it had leaked for a long time from a roof vent. She was asking $25k and I declined about a month later she sent me a text she would take $20k. I'm brave when it comes to projects but not stupid, that one is a big mess.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(11-29-2022, 05:16 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Hello Bill  and welcome, I'm pretty new here also and these guys are a wealth of knowledge! I stopped and looked at the red and silver 86 outside Lake of the Ozarks, the woman who was selling was not very up front but we didn't waste any time there as we were on our way to MI to look at a 92 at auction. The old coach had seen its better days, the tires all had sunk into the ground and the belly was sitting on the ground on one side, there was a few creatures who looked to made a home in the belly part. The inside was a mess, it had leaked for a long time from a roof vent. She was asking $25k and I declined about a month later she sent me a text she would take $20k. I'm brave when it comes to projects but not stupid, that one is a big mess.

This was a guy named Larry, and has strung ne along with no recent pictures the add said 60K but after we talked on the phone I offered 30K if he could produce recent pictures, he never would answer what engine it had in it, or if he had a clean title, then supposedly his brother died, and that's the last I have heard, that was last weekend

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

He has lowered the price to 20K to me, I forgot to add that, but yeah, if it's pile, I sure don't need a project.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

I chased that coach for 5 years. He started at 65,000. Long story short. I looked at it last summer. It’s been outside, sitting in the dirt, frame in the dirt. Kids broke in use to drink inside it. Horrible musty inside, ceiling falling down. I really liked this coach for its floorplan. He told me he had a neighbor offer him 9,500. I laughed inside thinking he should of taken it. I was only thinking it was worth $5,000 seriously. It needs so much. Money pit. I hate to see such a beautiful coach ruined I was so sick about it. 

I have a classic that I may sell, just have not decided if I want to let it go yet. Probably not another one like it. It has a series 60 in it, best of both worlds. I will message you.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

(11-29-2022, 01:51 PM)Johnnyboy Wrote:  I chased that coach for 5 years. He started at 65,000. Long story short. I looked at it last summer. It’s been outside, sitting in the dirt, frame in the dirt. Kids broke in use to drink inside it. Horrible musty inside, ceiling falling down. I really liked this coach for its floorplan. He told me he had a neighbor offer him 9,500. I laughed inside thinking he should of taken it. I was only thinking it was worth $5,000 seriously. It needs so much. Money pit. I hate to see such a beautiful coach ruined I was so sick about it. 

I have a classic that I may sell, just have not decided if I want to let it go yet. Probably not another one like it. It has a series 60 in it, best of both worlds. I will message you.

The guy is a jerk for sure

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was
Thread Closed