You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Changed Rear Airbags -won't inflate

You do not have to redadjust the rear airbags.

80 psi is NOT enough pressure to raise the rear end of the Newell.

Crank engine so that you have 120 psi and see if that doesn’t resolve the issue.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

When cranked it rises to 120, fills the bags, levels the coach. No problems there. It's when the engine is off that the rear lowers. Before, the HWH system would keep the coach level all the time when parked.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

just some clarification.

are you saying that the coach rear drops down when the autolevel is on?

or that it drops down over time without the autolevel on.

i personally dont leave the autoleveling feature turned on. i get it set where i want it and leave it. i have had to readjust mine a few times in the 4 months that i have been living in it sitting still, but the way i do it is to lower all the way down and then manually level it. i like the bottom step as low as it can be.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It lowers either way; if left in travel or leveled. Front stays up!

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

I would guess that you have a leak in one of the fittings of the rear air bags. Easy enough to have this after having new bags installed.

I would start at the fittings with soapy water and go from there looking for a leak.

On the auto level, the HWH system bypasses the pressure switch that controls the 120V air pump, enabling the pump to go to a higher pressure when the auto level activates. Depending on the pump, and the age of the pump, different max pressures can be reached. In my observation, it takes about 110 psi to raise the rear of my coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks. I talked to Newell and they feel there is a leak on a fitting as well. I raised the coach tonight and was able to see bubbles on one of the new bags. Two of them I can't see the air input. I'll tighten and see next time I can work on it.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513