You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

PepLink Modem

I splurged on a Peplink modem with a roof antenna. I have T-mobile and Verizon SIM cards. I am pleased with how it is working so far. Install was straight forward for me since I had alot of the prewiring done. Most of my coach is already wired with Cat5 going to the TV's, tables and Victron. Cat5's go to a D-link in the upper cabinet and a LAN wire goes to the modem. So far so good. Modem operates completely wireless too. I activated T-mobile and have not activated Verizon until next week to overlap the subscription costs in case I need to suspend the Verizon or T-mobile I would still have service from the other.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Once again...great job Simon!

That's a great system to use. I ran a couple different PepWaves before changing to CradlePoint. In some ways, I preferred the UI of the PepWave.

The IBR-1700 isn't 5G capable, so I have the TMO 5G Gateway as my primary, connected via Ethernet to the router, and then an AT&T SIM card as a backup.

Load Balancing is "great" in concept, but neither company does it the way we'd "like" without throwing a lot more cash their way for higher-tiered subscriptions.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks! I am new to this stuff Steve, but I have to say I have no great expectations of superb service. That said, this will still work well enough (I hope) for our travels and keep the coach self sufficient on reporting issues or remote adjusting of the solar array/battery system without depending on our home internet which constantly goes down during the day. I went with the 4g modems since that seems to be the most reliable for what I read. I do expect to spend another "X" amount upgrading to a dual 5g down the line. For now this seems plenty fast. Since you mentioned the UI of the PepWave, I have to admit that my age is showing and therefore I forgot the freaking passwords I used to set it up! I'll keep trying later. I was locked out from too many attempts the other day. My brain hasn't been functioning as it used to I guess. T-mobile has really improved over the years. I get a better signal at my house with Tmo over Verizon which we pay exorbitant fees for.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I am starting to feel like a dinosaur

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Oh shoot, Simon…I have PTSD from the dreaded PepWave “lockout”!!

If ya truly wanna brick a router and force you to start from scratch, let me know! LOL

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA