You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Radiator Leak

Hi Gurus,
I am in Buffalo NY and have developed a leaky radiator. Does anyone have any contact info for repair? I am planning on heading to the Detroit area if I can't get if fixed here so I could also use a contact there.
Thanks for any help.
Capt. Van
Coach #710 2002

Capt. Van, first mate Karen and crew Harpo & Ranger
Coach #710 Meander.

Hello Van,
We just went through our radiator repair on coach #525....http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=5021&highlight=grounding

The shop here in Ocala, Fl used a facility In Illinois to build the core and re-cored my radiator.  It took about 10 days to get the radiator back.  I can get the name tomorrow if you like.

How much coolant are you using when traveling?  The reason I ask is we where up to using perhaps a gallon every 300 to 400 miles when I pulled the radiator.  Prior to that it started as a slight leak and increased from there.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks Steve, I used about a 1/4 cup today running about 300 miles. I'd like to baby it along until we get back to Florida. I'll pick up a couple gallons.

Coach #710 Meander.

Van,
When ours started leaking it would sporadically quit for a while then start back up out of the blue.  I just kept a close watch on the engine temps and some extra coolant handy till I had some time to work it. 

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Detroit Radiator built me a brand new one for my C12 Cat in my Country Coach Affinity.  Reasonable in price and a truly quality job.  
Their in Riverview Michigan.  They might have one in stock and could change it out for you.

2000 Country Coach Affinity C12
2006 VW TDI Toad
2012 Chevy Traverse 2nd Toad (When taking the "Cricket")

1994 Wellcraft Portofino 2x 3208's 

Thanks everyone for your input. I ended up using a product called K-SEAL https://www.kseal.com/ it has worked very well with about 750 mile since I added it.

Along our way on this trip we met a very nice couple at a camp ground in Niagra Falls. Mike came over to see what I was doing while I was working on the rad and asked if he could help as he was very familiar with Detroit 60s. He was a big help and on thing let to another and I invited him and wife Kim for cocktails that evening. They fell in love with the coach and said if you ever consider selling give me a call. We were heading to Michigan next and turns out they live close to where we were going. After taking in over with Karen we sent a message to them saying we would consider selling. We made an appointment for Saturday 2 weeks ago for them to come and see it again at the camp grounds we were staying at. Long story short, we closed the deal on that Tuesday. So we loaded up our things into a U-Haul trailer and moved out.
Best of luck to Mike and Kim
Capt. Van

Coach #710 Meander.

That’s quite a story.

Please let Mike know about the forum and encourage him to introduce himself.

Best of luck in your journeys.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )