You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Firefly Oasis Battery – Carbon foam AGM

.pdf Electrical 3.pdf Size: 3.31 MB  Downloads: 33

Here's a sketch of the system I've been compiling.    Comments welcome.
C

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

I dont think you need the isolator with the B2B

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The folks at BattleBorn agree that the isolation is taken care of by the B2B charger.
Battle Born additional comments:
- Keep using the Echo Charger for starter battery maintenance while on shore power.
- It should be OK to run the generator while driving, since the output of the inverter/charger (125A) and the B2B charger (60A) are well within what the Lithum bank will accept.

I am curious about what may happen if the two chargers are putting out slightly different voltages. I plan to program both chargers to output the recommended lithium profile but assume the timing of voltage changes will not sync up.

Chargers whether it's the alternator or inverter/charger look at the voltage at the battery and put out its charge based on that. IOW if the battery is at 12.5 volts it will assume it needs a full charge. But if battery is at 13.8 because of one charger working first, the other charger will assume it is almost fully charged and should cut back the amps and voltage. So I guess it depends on what source starts charging first. At least that's what my feeble mind thinks.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That sounds right, Forest. At least until the system is stable enough to support controlled experiments, I'll be inclined to take the B2B off line if the genny's going to be used en route. Cheers.

Chuck,
Have a couple of questions for you on the Sterling B2B charger. Where are you planning on putting the sterling unit? Looks like there will be some sort of wire run from the chassis battery to the house batteries....what will be your preferred wire routing?

Thanks

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve,

Are you talking about a sense wire, or a heavy wire for charging the house?

Heavy wire for charging the house is already there, if you take the isolator out, you are in business. Use the heavy wire off the top isolator post, the one that connects to the house side of the merge solenoid. Bingo.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard,
I was talking about the main power wire....okay got it...that makes sense.  So that means the B2B will be located in the area of the isolator....am I on track with that thinking.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Yes!

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad