You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My coach has been in the shop for...5 MONTHS!!!

Also if you can arrange for Newell rep to visit, this could provide compelling info in the event you do sue them if Newell can verify the shoddy work, lack of skills or experience the facility said they had. If the facility represented to you that they had the knowledge, experience, ability, and availability to repair your coach and they clearly do not you likely do have a legal case if you have to pursue it.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

What Jason says !

I like the idea of having Newell traveling out to see a certified/recommended facility.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Vinnie,

I feel your pain. I had my coach towed to Missouri in July of 2016 for an engine transplant and I'm still waiting to pick it up. Since it's been there it's been in a hail storm that busted one of the roof top air conditioner covers and numerous running lights. The gentleman that was originally going to do the wiring died within a week of retiring, and numerous potential replacements have failed to get it done. Hopefully i'll be able to pick it up this year but I'm not holding my breath.

You've been given some excellent advise by other gurus. All I can hope for is an amenable resolution and that you get your coach back on the road soon.

Good luck,
jon

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Gurus,

I'd like to give everyone an update on the outcome of this incredible ordeal.

I spoke with a few of you on the phone and carefully read all of your advice and suggestions.  I also spoke to a couple attorneys.  But the common denominator was "get the coach off their lot now before further damage occurs!"  And that's exactly what I did.  But first, here is the story.

Richard and Bill both came to the rescue and helped me evacuate the coach from Nichols RV & Truck last week.  Huge kudos to them - I could not have done that without them and the coach would still be sitting there today if it wasn't for their expertise.  The operation wasn't exactly 'Zero Dark Thirty' but it felt like it to me.  It's the same feeling a soldier would get when he knows the Blackhawk helicopter is coming to evacuate him out of a war zone.  The coach was found in the same spot, same problems, massive air leak in the seal control bay, a leaking air bag, both air compressors inop, windshield still cracked, and a few days prior to our visit had rain water in the coach with a tarp over one side of the rear with rear slide stuck out.  The mechanic admitted that he forgot to put pipe dope on one of the airbags.  He also didn't know the coach could flood when the seals are deflated but slides are retracted.  

During this time I was on the phone with Newell explaining what was happening.  Newell was rather upset with Nichol's for not calling them 5 months ago and was embarrassed to consider Nichol's RV & Truck as a 'preferred service provider'.  They immediately recommended that I contact Kris Jones at Precision Coach Works in Zephyrhills FL, since he's an expert on Valid slides and physically works on Newell coaches all the time.  Kris was booked until April but given the circumstances he said come to his shop ASAP and put me down as an emergency arrival.  

Richard and I went over the invoice that Jim Nichols finally wrote up.  Since they only charged for 'work completed,' Richard and I agreed that it was better to just pay the 20k bill and get the coach off the lot and into Kris's hands, rather than get an attorney involved.  So after two days of repair, Richard, Bill and I were able to get just enough air pressure to float the coach on the airbags and get out of there!  Off to Precision Coach Works we went: leaks, broken slides and all.

Kris Jones looked at my coach and found the slide control plumbing and wiring completely wrong (including a red wire tied in with a black wire) and rewired and plumbed the whole thing over. 

Within 8 hours Kris had all 3 slides working properly, seals inflated and air leak fixed.

In conclusion, I have learned an unequivocal lesson: educationally and financially.  I am much wiser now and are already taking steps so this never happens again.  Do I recommend Nichols RV & Truck for your Newell service needs?  Rather than tell you my honest thoughts, I would instead direct you to Kris Jones at Precision Coach Works where I HIGHLY recommend without reservation and trust him with my coach and yours 100%.  He is a professional who diagnosed and fixed the problem in 8 hours compared to the former who still couldn't fix it after 5 months.  

Thank you to all who helped me in this endeavor, and look forward to seeing most of you at the rally in 6 weeks.

Vinnie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Wow! What an ordeal. Glad you got help and got it out of there. The wiring picture is simply mind boggling. Sounds like you made the right choice in getting coach to another repair facility.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

I am sorry to hear of all you had to go through and what it cost you. I knew that Richard and Bill would be a big help but I am really impressed at just how much help they were. I would like to personally thank both of them for their efforts, just shows you what a great group this is. As for Kris Jones, I can't say enough good things about him. I took our coach, #581, to him last year after I punctured my front seal. He did a great job replacing it as well as resolving a number of smaller issues. He is very professional and will take the time to explain everything to you. If you ever need someone in Florida, he is the man.
Good luck with getting your coach back on the road.

Dario and Andrea Perini
#581  2001  45'8'' double slide

Just want to say am sorry about all of your problems. I can't say enough good things about Kris Jones. I left my coach with him Feb for 5 days and he did everything I had and some things he found that needed to be fixed. Diffinitey if you can make an appointment with him for anything on a Newell he will do it right and will be reasonable. Thanks also to Richard and Bill.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Wow guys, I think this post made me blush a little,,, Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to service your motorcoaches. Anything I can do for the Newell family I’m here.

Kris Jones
Precision Coach Works
Zephyrhills Fl. 33542
813-997-0696

wow....at a loss for words. Tom is correct, this could get nasty pretty quick....I Hate that for you Cienzo1

Ben Curtis 
936-615-6684 Cell
936-564-1112 ext. 209   Office
[email protected]
The Easiest, Most Efficient way to reach me is via Email, 
of course, i'm always available on my cell......
Thanks, Ben