You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New owner Flatspotted tag tires, switch/weight air pressure questions

Without the 365 upgrade on the front tires, I would certainly not use the load shifting positions and I would stay at or below 65 mph per Newell's recommendation

I use the Michelin Tire Discount Program through FMCA.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I use the Michelin Tire Discount Program through Dupree Products.

http://www.dupreeproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I use National Tire Concerige Service for Michelin tires. Their price for 315s is $135 less per tire than FMCA's price. Even more for 365s. Plus you get 3 year road hazard tire and wheel coverage and membership in Michelin On Call. There is a One time $90 fee for this.

On Call will send a replacement Michelin of your size (important for 315 and especially 365 owners) at the NTCS price if needed or more diesel if out of fuel or a mechanic if disabled or if machanic can not get you going, tow the coach to nearest shop that can.

Call Dave or Wendy Ward at 321 607 2265 to learn more.

My truck tire dealer who installs the Michelins shares he can not purchase Michelins for the price I am paying NTCS. And with my $25 per tire mounting fee and the fee Michelin pays him to install, he makes more money than if I purcased the tire from him. There are many installers nation wide.

This is indeed a good deal.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Search on this site for the Michelin Advantage program. You can set up a national account with Michelin which entitles you to a discounted price when purchased at any dealership, but you pay in your national account.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

David

I had the same thing happen to me just after buying our coach but rater than buying new 315's for the tag, I instead upgraded my front steer tires to the 365's and moved the fronts to my tag. they were still in great shape. The 365"s actually cost less than the 315's at that time through the Michelin/FMC program but I had to buy the wider front rims, about 1,100 for both. The 365's are a big improvement as I can run with lower pressure and a much wider footprint. 

Dario Perini
#581  2001 45'8" double slide

Did you have to change anything other than the rims and tires?  That sounds like a great option.

Edit... my coach falls into the range of just needing wheels and tires. To confirm, is this Alcoa 80360 the correct part number for the wheels?

F-150  Toad
David and Mimi
Apollo Beach Florida

I sent you a private message but I only had to buy the rims with no other modifications. I found them on this site, just do a search for them.

Dario and Andrea Perini

#581   2001 45'8"

when i did mine, i was able to sell the old rims for 500 bucks if i remember right. it has been a while

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH