You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air impact wrench

If any one is looking for an air impact wrench that can handle the Newell's lug nuts, here is one. The Aircat 1000-TH. I have an older model, that is similar to this one, and it is one powerful wrench for a fairly reasonable price. There are several different models in a line of powerful air impacts. I have used mine for a few years and it works great. I have not tried it on the coach's air supply, but the specs say it only needs 90psi to 120psi. User reviews are mostly very positive. If you use "Google" they are available at many different places. I posted Amazon so you could see the specs & reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/AIRCAT-1000-TH-2-I...B000LQLG7E

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have one too. Use a 3/4 hose and fittings. A 1/2 chokes it. Although mine is rated for 1200 ft lbs I still need a six ft cheater bar and jack stand to break some of the nuts loose.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My experience is a little different that Richard's. I do use a 3/4" air hose. I set the compressor on 150psi and I have not had to use a breaker bar................................................................yet.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531