You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2021 Informal Invitation

Sarah and I will be there @ site #66....18th-27th!  See you all there!

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403
1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory Edition 

Glad to see that old and new friends will be able to get together.

For those of you not familiar with this part of our country, I highly suggest you order the South Dakota Tourism guide. There is a something for everyone in South Dakota.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/reques...kQQAvD_BwE

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just received our SD Vacation Guide, and it's a GREAT resource. Thanks for the heads up, Richard.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

As we approach our get together, I will throw out a couple of ideas. If any of you are interested in Lithium batteries, we will have at least three coaches with Lithium setups. We can arrange a talk session on the pluses and minuses if anyone is interested. Get it?

Also, air systems and leaks are always a common thread among Newell owners. I am not sure if the air guru, Steve Bare, will be there or not. But again, there is enough folks there with air war scars to carry on a lively conversation.

Another item that has been popular in the past is to have an experienced owner do a personalized coach tour with a new owner and their coach, talking about every button and every bay. What it does, and what is in there. Some have even videoed that for future review. It’s a huge download of info.

It is also fun to do a coach tour night for those who are willing to open their coaches to the rest of the group.

If there is something you wish to explore, throw out the idea.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Dear all,

We have come off the road (always planned; accelerated slightly by COVID/Alaska travel restrictions) and regretfully will miss the event and, more importantly, meeting all of you.

I would be happy to talk shop about lithium and system management on a Newell some time if it would be of value, perhaps by group video. But there is no substitute for in-person.

We plan to return to the Newell family one day soon. For now, though, thanks for the years of guru-ing together!

Ben

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

All,
We’re so new to the Newell clan that we would definitely enjoy being around other Newell gurus. Y’all have been such a big help in so many ways. I want to thank Tom and Darlene so much for your hospitality, encouragement and advice on the coach and a coach hook up overnight on our way back to Texas from Southern California. A big shout out to Clark for the phone calls on the drive back to Texas. We finally made it back to home without any problems. Actually I accidentally figured out how to work the front a/c and found the air dump solenoid switch on the floor (at least I think that’s what it is). We got the ice maker working and the refrigerator to work on LP gas. We overall got around 7 mpg. Just going over the 20 different subjects with tom eased my mind about the Newell coach and its idiosyncrasies. I did stop and grease the coach as it definitely needed it. I do need to learn how to use the airbag leveling system as I didn't see any documentation or instructions for it's use in travel or non-traveling mode. Again thank You and Darlene so much for your love and hospitality.

So experiences like these only make us want to gravitate toward the gurus and are considering this spearfish trip like our maiden voyage... lol.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

We are looking forward to Spearfish!!! I've been working on air leaks this week.....

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I had plans to be there for the lnformal
Gathering 
But my granddaughter is getting married. I’ve asked her
About changing the date BUT no Joy
SAd but I guess I’ll be in kY

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

It will be a great gathering. Here is the list so far of those going. Feel free to identify yourself further by name or add yourself if you're not listed:
Richard/Rhonda Entrekin site 86. June 18-1
Bill Johnson. site 87
Tom/Darlene McCloud site 88
Forest/Cindy Olivier (folivier). site 89. June 20-26
Robert (BobALou) site 91 June 24-1
Ed/Lynda Perkins. site 85. June 20-26
HoosierDaddy site 84 June 21-26
Bob/Sandy McBratney (Winegrower) site 92 June 20-26
Glenn/Laureen Parker site 74 June 19-27
Frank/Catherine Boyer (racer swift) site 75 June 18-26
Joe/Sabrina Frantz site 78 June 19-26
Dale/Shari Nelson(Bigbertha) site 73 June 21-28