You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2021 Informal Invitation

Ken and I are so sorry we can’t attend this rally!  Due to some medical procedures, we could not make it that far this time....but hoping for NEXT year for sure!  We also are supposed to be in a campground in Lancaster, NH for much of July and all of August.....family and friends there important to see.  Hope you all have fun - and I’ll be on the lookout for plans anyone has after!

Pam Cameron

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

Pam & Ken, sorry you can't make it to Spearfish. Hope all of your issues get resolved well.

I'm just venting a little here today with friends to reduce stress, not complaining...so feel free to skip this post.

Today (May 19, 2021) Laureen and I are one month out from our planned arrival in Spearfish, SD. The days just fly by. We are feeling a little stressed as we look at all the maintenance items we want to get done on the coach before pulling out of Austin but I'm pretty sure we can get all the truly necessary items done. I have an oil and filter change and lube job scheduled for next week. I have already replaced the two fuel filters, installed 4 LED headlights and replaced several bulbs on and in the dash. A string of LED lights over the dash went out recently, so that needs to be fixed. We also recently replaced both the merge switch solenoid and the kill switch solenoid. They seem to be working OK.

Laureen is working on tracking down rain water leaks around the door and in some of the bays and under the bed. We will have to replace a house water pump and repair some leaks due to freezing in the water bay, which we will tackle together. Then we will get on to hooking up the fog lights again and re-installing the two front media speakers after we finish repairing them. I will also find out next Monday if my work on the speedometer and odometer connections to the transmission have restored them to functionality. We continue to chase down the ever present small and not so small air leaks. Also recently realized our Howard Power Centering system does work (after I reset the tripped fuse).

Then there is the packing up and loading up of clothes, groceries, misc supplies, books, electronic devices, tools etc.

Laureen is wrapping up building and installing two gates for the new drive/parking pad we built here at home for our Newell but rain has slowed that project for a few days. We are also gathering info and building our case to appeal our property value assessments to lower property taxes. (Talk about stressful! We paid a company to protest for us last year and they saved us about $0.60, so we decided to try it ourselves this year.)

Anyway, no real point or questions today - just visiting here and looking forward to meeting people in person in Spearfish. Safe travels to all.

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

Glenn and Laureen..
We haven’t met but I definitely appreciate your concerns. Thank you for sharing. We too have an older coach and have a constant feeling of trying to anticipate the next thing, however simple or complex. I plan on getting a faster differential and if we can get a spot at spearfish we would definitely like to meet all the newel community. I think more than anything we all have stuff and it’s good to know someone is there. By the way we are just three hours north of Austin near Terrell... we’re almost neighbors.. lol
Ps my Honda fun car is a Ridgeline... lol

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

darlene and i were excited about being in spearfish with so many of you in a few short weeks. i use the word were because i just cancelled our reservations to be there.

i recently had a total knee replacement and recovery has been much slower than i would have liked. so we will have to live vicariously through those of you there with your posts, pictures and phone calls

darlene and i started newell gurus in 2012 and our first rally was there at elkhorn. we had about 30 coaches and newell even sent a show coach to be with us. it was the start of an amazing string of adventures with all of you.

enjoy yourselves,

tom and darlene mccloud

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry that the knee replacement is getting in the way. I guess we can survive somehow without the supervision.

I will try to update the thread daily with info and pics so you can attend virtually.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I understand — I had bilateral knee replacements a number of years ago…..so I understand what you’re going through. It will be well worth it in the long run, but it’s a shame for the summer — however, we are not going because of medical stuff, too. Sadly. So it was you who started the Newell Gurus and had the first rally! Sounds as though Newell was more involved, sending a show coach up as well. Well, we hope that next spring/summer, we will be able to attend…..we normally go up north to northern NH for a good part of the summer to visit family and friends….
Anyway, do all that your PT advises, exercise it, and you will do fine. Good luck!
Pam and Ken Cameron

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

I would like a guru or two to do a walk around my coach with me. We'll be arriving on the 19th and leaving on the 23.  Evenings would be best as my travel companions have something planned everyday although I've told them I may bow out one day to hang with the gurus.

Any volunteers?  Did I mention there could be some beer or food.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741

That will be easy to arrange. Evenings are great because we usually hike or bike in the cooler mornings, and I work for beer.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tom. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hi, Richard and everyone. Like Tom and Darlene, regretfully, we need to cancel. On the bright side, our knees are okay, but we're not able to venture that far from the east coast due to some family circumstances. We're truly disappointed to lose out on the opportunity to meet so many of you (and/or see some of you, again), and we hope our SOB will be welcomed next time schedules allow.

Tom, may your time at home provide you with the ability to recover well...best to you.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou