You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2021 Informal Invitation

Hey gurus,

A couple of last minute cancellations out there but I am a last minute reservation! I found some time in between my Saginaw MI and Richmond VA work assignments and am happy that I'm able to attend on the 18th. Since the park is packed, I'll have to play musical RV sites for the first two days (18, 19) before claiming my original spot #98 on 20-28th.

I've never been to South Dakota but looking forward to seeing new sights, new faces and learning from and catching up with original gurus.

See you in a week,
Vinnie

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Unfortunately Cindy and I won't be making it to Spearfish. When we were in Tucson a few weeks ago our front A/C died. Both are 22 years old so we decided to replace both. I ordered these on May 17th but didn't receive them until 2 days ago. We've been visiting Tom & Darlene for 3 weeks while waiting. Yesterday we got the new ones finished and they're struggling to keep the coach comfortable in the sunny 114º heat but are much quieter and work better. We plan to leave out on Tuesday morning early and go straight to our lot in Colorado.
We'll really miss seeing our old friends and making new friends. The Gurus rallies are always a pleasure and so much fun and stories to laugh at. I'll be looking forward to reports on the fun.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest and Cindy,
We were looking forward to meeting you after hearing from Tom what fine folks you are. Sorry we will not get the opportunity this time around but look forward to meeting you in the future.
Bob and Sandy

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Rhonda and I are closing in on Spearfish. It is very hot in the Midwest right now, but the forecast is a little better for temperatures and outside activities. Be safe and we look forward to meeting new friends.

I have learned a new word. Windiana. Iowa was worse, but good for the wind generator business.

We had an interesting incident yesterday. A small van pulled a bone head stunt in weaving in and out of traffic and cut me off. Then the driver passed a truck on the right before the truck could pull into the right lane. This was in the middle of nowhere and no reason to drive that way.

In a mile, we came upon the van heavily wadded and facin the wrong way on the interstate, two semis locked up and skidding off the road, and a third pickup with significantly modified sheet metal. One of the semis had a ruptured tank. I told Rhonda when the van passed us “that’s a wreck going somewhere to happen”. I am just glad we weren’t involved.

Stay safe out there.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, I'm glad you and your bride are safe. The prior owner of my coach installed a camera in the front windshield. I have used it twice to help law enforcement. God help me if I ever need it for an incident of my own.

I'm going to miss all you folks this year. I'm looking forward to an event somewhere, next year

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Richard - any informal itinerary yet for the "get together"? Janet and I arrived today in slot #83 and I just met Doug and Kathy who are parked across the street from us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Today is Saturday June 19. Most of the group traveled today, and if like me may need a calm afternoon to unwind, buy food, and rest.

If anyone would like to wander down to our site, 86, around six for an impromtu happy hour then we would welcome you.

Lets plan on a potluck dinner Sunday evening at the pool around 630. We can do a round robin of introductions then

Since internet is spotty and somemay not be monitoring this channel, feel free to spread the word

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We will be there. We will bring scallop potatoes and pasta salad.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741

The weather is looking a bit nasty today - Sunday 20 Jun - so maybe we should forego the pot luck today and plan for a more pleasant day later this week. What thoughts do the rest of you here have on this?

Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

We are in Sioux City tonight. Plan to arrive Spearfish tomorrow pm.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.