You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield wiper parts

My name is Tim Williamson, my wife and I just  bought a 1999 Newell # 505. We live in south Texas and have been RVing for 30 plus years, all 3 previous rv’s were new and we learned that they spend the first year in the shop, so we decided to buy used this time. 
I’m looking for the frt windshield pivot for the drivers side, Newell stated that they were Bosch units and don’t make them anymore.
I am new to this site so if this is in the wrong place please guide me to the right place.

Thank you 
Tim Williamson

When you say pivot are you referring to the bushing? If you search the forum you'll find a common problem where the bushing rusts and the wiper quits working. Pulling and cleaning up the shaft and bushing usually fixes the problem. At least my memory tells me from a number of years back....
Welcome to the forum.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

and....often the nut that holds each wiper on can come loose. then the motor moves and the wiper stays still

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hello Tim,
Congrats on your purchase. We also have a 99 model #525 and had the same problem as you have. Take a look at this thread http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=5077 for some part numbers that I used to replace my wiper pivot. As a temporary fix I used a metric bushing I had on hand for another project that I ordered from McMaster Carr. Hope this helps.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

My wipers were skipping removal of water in the middle of the windshield and so determined that the springs were worn. When I removed the arms found that the idle spindle was rusted out and bent. So this began a search for replacement parts; since my coach is a 1999 #538 the search became problematic due to age. After hours of searching and re searching (if one starts a new search other results pop up that otherwise had not been flagged before) and found the replacement parts as follows:
Bosch dual wiper arm assembly 3-398-100-090 HD Truck Bus Dual Arm 730mm; the numbers on these exactly match those stamped on my old arms. 
ebay link- https://www.ebay.com/itm/265775654459?ch...47c6d56d2c

My search for replacement pivot plates ended with American Bus, Part# A422628001.  Link- https://american-bus-inc.com/parts-and-accessories/
I don't have a picture of the pivots plates as they are presently in transit, however included in attachments is the American Bus wiper page parts list.

Finding these parts was a great relief as no custom work needs to be done-just plug and play.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf Windshield Wiper Parts-American Bus.pdf Size: 993.47 KB  Downloads: 3

Rick Janis
1999 Newell, Coach#538
Cypress Trails RV Resort, Lot#204
Fort Myers, FL 33905
843-367-8487