You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking to buy mid entry w/ bath & a half

I’ve owned pull along campers and 5th wheels, but never a coach. I do have a CDL. [amoff][/amoff][amoff][/amoff]Looking for a Newell with mid entry and a bath and a half. Looking for info on best years, best engine and tranny. Stacked washer and dryer and preferably the bigger horse power. Maybe steerable tag. Any feedback, opinions, advice and warnings are great and really appreciated. Thank you in advance. Tom

Spend some time in the section “what to consider on buying a used Newell”. Lots of discussions on the excellent questions you posed

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

While the steerable tags are great that puts you into a more complex coach concerning air systems and electronics. I like the 1997-early 2000's for less complexity with all of the quality Newell stands for. Having somewhat simpler systems makes it easier to troubleshoot and repair it yourself. But Newell is available for service and questions on all of their coaches.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

your question is very very broad. the pricing is very broad as well. bath and a halfs started late 90's. steering tag started 04. number of slides is something to figure out what you like as well. late 90's were mostly 2 slides, moving to 3 and 4 slides in early 2000's.

i would suggest figuring out your desired price range and start looking at newells in that range to get a feel for what you like and dont like. then more specific questions can be discussed.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH