You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purchasing

I guess this is as good a place to post this as any I can find, so here goes...

As we have shared we are in the "research" phase of our purchase and will be doing so within the next 18 months. We've seen coaches advertised in multiple locations, several websites, privately, etc. Once we narrow the search to a couple that would fit the bill and it comes down to finances, what is the accepted protocol in making an offer? What is a generally accepted or anticipated number for an offer...example being if I find the right coach listed at $300k...would an offer of $275k be reasonable? I certainly don't want to offend someone, just wondering how I should approach this. Having purchased several new vehicles over the years, I have a good feel for what is reasonable and what isn't in that arena, but this will be our first purchase like this. 

Gary

gary,

a very interesting question.

coaches are worth what they are worth to you. i was discussing this very topic about a hot rod i was interested in with another guru. he offered me the same advise i have offered others. decide what is worth to you and offer that. sometimes things are worth more because of circumstances (love it, in a rush, location, etc) and sometimes worth less for similar opposite reasons.

no one can argue or should be offended if you just say this is what it is worth to me. i did large mega deals in my career and am a great buyer....that said i am a terrible seller.....ha

i see nothing wrong with offering less than asking. they can always say no.

my two cents worth. btw, this is exactly why i had steve from arizona luxury coach sell my 99....ha

enjoy the search and make sure to look at and drives as many coaches as you can.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Great advice! Thank you Tom!

Offer what you feel comfortable with and can afford. All the seller can do is say no, no feelings hurt in the process. When I bought mine, I offered 40k less than the asking price and about 10 days later, the owner accepted the offer. Anything is possible. Good luck in your search.

Michael and Mona Corrigan
2008 Newell #1248
2010 Mini Cooper S

Thank you!