You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor toilet removal help PLEASE

I just noticed that I know have water coming from the bottom of toilet and I dont know why?? I turned off the water, took off the lid and I see water spray all over inside. I remember seeing a post by Richard that said these parts are really brittle so Im pretty nervous about what to do first.  Any suggestions on how to get this thing out with out breaking it?  Ive been really thinking about getting a macerator toilet anyway, maybe this is the time??

Thanks in advance for any help

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Ok, you may not have to take the toilet out.

Dry everything as best you can. With the top off flush the potty and see where the water is coming from.

There are two likely culprits. The first and easiest is that the sequencing valve is an o ring joint to the vacuum breaker. And the vacuum breaker is an o ring joint to the potty. If the leak is in one of those two joints, then replace the o rings, lube with silicone, and assemble carefully. The alignment is critical and finicky.

The second likely leak is the sequencing valve, IF you have one of the old black ones. The newer grey ones are much more robust.

Turn off all water and bleed the air before unscrewing the top on the sequencing valve.

Stare at the manual to orient yourself with the parts and nomenclature.

A headlamp helps to see into the abyss while keeping both hands free.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for the advice! Ive checked and rechecked all is dry! What the heck?? Im going to keep going over this thing. I should have taken a pic.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

If you saw water under the lid & thought you had a leak, you probably had a vacuum breaker stick or fail to seal.  Unscrew the top of the vacuum breaker.  Under the top is a white plastic check device.  Remove it & clean it.  Remove the calcium from the top which keeps it from sealing.  This is common maintenance that I perform annually to avoid what you experienced---of course I also experienced it.................therefore the maintenance.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

An additional reminder of Steve's post.....be sure to turn off the city water, 12vdc and 120ac water pumps then bleed the entire water system down.  Don't ask how I know:-)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks guys all these tips help and I may be inclined to leave the Microphor in rather that go with a macerator style which has been on the table

Steerable tag 
Allison trans