You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Recipes -- Yummy!

Ladies ~ I am new to this group as a dreamer of a Newell and thought I would share my favorite recipe with you. It is a recipe from the ARK Restaurant that I've had for years ~ hope those of you that try it will enjoy it also.

Sturgeon Dijonnaise

Ingredients:

Sturgeon (I have also used Salmon)
flour
clarified butter
mushrooms onions
salt
white pepper
lemon
tabasco
garlic
capers
dijon mustard
white wine
sherry
heavy cream
tomatoes
green onions

Lightly dust with flour 4 2 oz fillets of sturgeon (or salmon). Heat 4 to 6 T clarified butter in skillet. Place fillets in hot butter, add 3/4 c. sliced mushrooms, 1/4 c. sliced onions, salt, white pepper to taste, a squeeze of lemon wedge, 1 dash tabasco.

Let fish cook on one side at high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over; add 1/2 t garlic, minced, 2 t capers, 1 t dijon mustard, 1/3 c white wine.

Agitate pan to marry mustard with rest of sauce, cooking fish 2 to 3 minutes more. While it cooks, add 1/4 c. sherry, 1/4 c. heavy cream, marry with rest of sauce. Add 1/3 c. fresh diced tomatoes, 3 green onions, sliced thin.

It's important to have all of the ingredients ready before you start cooking.

It goes quickly once you get started. Don't do more that 2 servings per skillet.

Be sure the excess flour is off because it will burn.

Test fish for doneness with your hand; it will get firm around the outside part first. The more firm the fish is, the more done it is. It will get the consistency almost of meat.

If the sauce is still thin when the fish is ready simply remove fish to the serving plate. Keep it warm and continue to reduce sauce. You want the sauce to be thick enough to cover the fish and a little bit more; you don't want a soupy plate.

Serves 2.

Ellen Keenan
No Newell MH Yet!

I hope you are coming to South Dakota in June - I know we will have fun with recipes like this and yes you can prepare something like this on the road.

Many thanks for sharing!

Georgia Day
1992 Newell 43.5'

(03-01-2013, 03:41 PM)1consult Wrote:  

I hope you are coming to South Dakota in June - I know we will have fun with recipes like this and yes you can prepare something like this on the road.

Many thanks for sharing!

Georgia ~ if you are replying to me...much to my regret I don't have a Newell yet and will not be in South Dakota but I will be thinking of you all!

Ellen Keenan
No Newell Yet!