You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mystery Find

Today, I finally had a chance to go through some of the bays in our new coach. The previous owner left quite a few items, and most were self explanitory. Either I knew what the items were, like the inflatable kayak or some of the spare parts referenced in the manual. However there were a few things that I either couldn't figure out what the were or I couldn't figure out where they would go.
I have attached some pictures and in am hoping some of the Gurus recognize these items so I know what to label them with.
1. Two Release cables. One gray and one black. The black one is broken so I assume the gray one is the replacement. However, no idea where it would used or what for?????

2. Southco latch, part number 17416. I know it's a latch and it looks like the latches that are used on the compartment drawers in one of the bays. However, there was a fuse in the sealed bag. I'm clueless. Anyone???

3. Red, Oatey, 1.5" keeper cap. I know what it is and how to use it. Just don't know where it goes.

4. Cable: one end looks kind of like a computer/monitor power cable plug. The other end is open site with an online fuse. 

I try to be very organized and deliberate about what I am packing into the storage. If it doesn't have a purpose,  it doesn't need to be thrre. Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

"Red, Oatey, 1.5" keeper cap. I know what it is and how to use it. Just don't know where it goes".

This item should fit in the "water bay" floor, city water hose pass through, close to the external water hose hook up.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

The fuse in the photo of the latch does not belong with the latch. The latch is a replacement for the pullout bay drawer latches. The connector for the power cord is unusual. Not sure what that goes to.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The gray cable in photo 2 appears to be for the copilot chair. Ours has an identical release allowing the chair to swivel.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

The red plug is a test plug.  Used by plumbers to seal a drain line in order for it to be filled with a liquid, usually water.  This determines if there are leaks, the inspection agency usually requires the drains to be filled for a period of time without loss of liquid before signing off. In this case it’s use is as mentioned I suspect.  They could be used for any similar function.

The latch resembles the polished door latches in my tankage bay.

I agree on the cables for the chair.  My passenger seat has similar devices.

The power cord is likely for an electronic device retained by the PO.

My 2 cents

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thanks to everyone who replied. Sounds like I will keep everything but the power cord in the coach.
@Michael: I agree that latch is identical to the ones used in the pull out drawer in the bay. Just thought it was weird that there was a fuse I. The sealed package. I only opened the package to show a picture of all.of the components.

Stay safe,

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
Columbia, SC

that latch is used on the door in the rear engine compartment (both sides), and on the tankage bays

that cable thingee is the same as on my copilot chair as was said.

let me know if that red plug works in the water bay

on an aside, in the 99 i just sold there was a 50lb small metal box with 50a receptacle and cord on it.. it was buried where it was not easy to get at and not hooked up to anything. really puzzled me. i talked to russ on the forum and he said he had one it was a very expensive autoformer....now gathering dust in my shop....ha

tom

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Your power cord goes to a Norcold Tek II cooler that would be in the basement. They usually are set up to run either 120V or 12V. That's the 120V power cord for it.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Just a guess, the red oatey may have been purchased as a replacement fuel cap ? ? ?

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Great great great. Thanks again eberyone.

The Oatey cap is too small (1.5" ) to be a fuel plug. I'll try it in the water bay and report back.

Happy to get an answer on the power cord. Didn't see a need for it and had put in a pile of stuff for good will. Just retrieved it and will put it back in the coach.

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
Columbia, SC