You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon Floor Won't Raise Upon Slide Extension

Richard, I found that I was very low on fluid so took care of that.  Also, I reread some of my old notes and found that the rear slide should be operated before the salon slide.  The floor now operates as it should!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

I have the same issue of the salon floor won't raise when the slide is going out.
I checked the fluid level with both slides in and the fluid is up to the top line of the dip stick.
Here are the indicators with the slide out and the floor not coming up.
When does the 3A fuse LED light up? Does it indicate a good fuse or bad fuse? Which one?

Here are the boards in the box.

Here is the diagram on the inside of the cover of the box.

I read in a thread which my search did not find today that there is a fuse which may be blown under the board on the left. #79/10Amp. 
Before I take that board off the main board to check the fuse, is there something I need to be aware of first? Is there something else I should do first?

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hank,

You will find that the boards are mounted on posts that have a swivel. Meaning only take the screws out on one side, and it will swing out of the way to access the back side, and the board underneath.

Your LED indicator lights show the room is OUT, so no need to mess with the room out limit switch.

If you know which one is the floor up solenoid, you could either hang a DC ammeter on it while someone pushes the room out, or unplug and put the voltmeter on it to see if the solenoid is getting a signal.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(10-10-2022, 05:22 PM)Richard Wrote:  Hank,

You will find that the boards are mounted on posts that have a swivel. Meaning only take the screws out on one side, and it will swing out of the way to access the back side, and the board underneath.

Your LED indicator lights show the room is OUT, so no need to mess with the room out limit switch.

If you know which one is the floor up solenoid, you could either hang a DC ammeter on it while someone pushes the room out, or unplug and put the voltmeter on it to see if the solenoid is getting a signal.

Thanks Richard.
The swivel mounts are a bit of key information.
I didn't get to work on the issue except to compare the solenoid placement diagram I have with what is really in the L1 compartment. They don't match. I know - shocking!
I will be able to look at this Friday morning at the soonest and post how I make out.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 

Just a quick note to say that while my floor began to come for a fee more tries as it should, it redeveloped its same intermittent action.  Taking another look, I found a loose ground cable which I tightened and it has been fine since.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

I fixed the floor not raising issue. (BLUF-business line up front)

The salon slide would go out but the floor would not raise. The switches were operating properly evidenced by the Limit Switch Status Panel. 
I re-seated all of the connectors on the circuit boards in the HWH box in the S1 basement. Still no floor operation.
While waiting for HWH to call me back I read everything I could find on the HWH system on this site and the HWH site. HWH did call me back but I was at work and could not troubleshoot with them at the time. I was off that Friday and they were supposed to call me when I could be in front of the coach. Meanwhile I read some more and poked around figuring out how the signals should or could travel.
HWH did call me a few days later while I was at work. I got a reference number from them and talked about the issue. I was planning to work on this on my next Friday off. In the mean time I was getting pictures and making a truth table for the slide positions and voltages on the connector from the Status Indicator Panel to the Room 1 logic board. See the circled connector on the parts placement diagram and in the other pictures? 9 pins with 2 empty slots.

I took the white cover off the connector to expose where the wires are attached to the connector. (circled in the other two pictures) On the third round of voltage checks I had Natalie operate the room switch while I probed for voltages. The floor came up this time! So I suspected my probing re-seated the wires in the connector making proper contact. Using experience from decades ago I remember taking a very small flat blade screwdriver to push wires into just such connectors to make sure they were physically and electrically going to stay where they were supposed to. The tool, or operator error didn't always make the wires have great connections.

I've run the floor and slide through the paces a few times and I'm confident this fix is good. The proof will be after I've run the coach up and down the road another 10,000 miles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 

i have the same control box and indicators. first one i have seen like mine.

nice work

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Wonder news on your floor! Far better than having to remove the floor and work on the mechanicals of the system. 
My HWH box looks like rats nest most of the connectors go into the front rather than the side through grommet's and without the cover I can see where is is a major place for corrosion to happen. I use a spray product called deoxit d5, I'm a firm believer in this product, its done amazing things on my cnc computers which are exposed to harsh elements.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8YZS7N/ref...67fc737124

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas