You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement heater

Hello Everyone, my outlet that my aqua hot basement heater plugs into doesn’t have power. I’ve looked over all the AC breakers in basement and closet and all are working. Does anyone know if there’s another breaker or reason my outlet is inop? I’m needing to get this fixed ASAP since we have winter around the corner. I currently have extension cord run from another outlet so the heater works but would obviously like the proper outlet to work as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Matt Whitaker

Coach 1242 & 606
Tesla Model X. Tesla Model 3. Mclaren 12C. Ferrari 458

Matt, All fan coils for the Aqua Hot heater are 12 vdc operated, no 120 vdc for any of them.

You may be seeing a second basement heater installed by Newell that is 120 vac operated. Till you find the source of power for that heater, the Aqua Hot will keep your entire coach toasty warm, basement included.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Any of the 120 circuits in the basement or outside the coach will be GFCI protected. Look for a tripped ground fAult outlet

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

On 712 there is a thermostat for that receptacle above the headhunter water pump there is also a thermostat for the fan in the aqua hot coil there

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

yes...what John Kosir said.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hi Matt

My coach #1218 2008 has basement heaters that are 120v they plug into USA spec sockets, even though all of my inside sockets have been converted to UK 3 pin 240volt sockets, the fuses in my coach are located in a large distribution panel on the rear wall of the electric bay, IE my outback inverters coach 12v fuses and shade/awning control system, I have had a number of issues with 120v items and it has always been bad connections of the fuses in the holders, I have systematically removed most fuses and cleaned them up.

#1218 in Europe based in the UK

All good info. I should have some time mid next week and will take a look at all the suggestions. Just to verify it’s just the 120v outlet that not working that the external heater plugs into. The heater is there to prevent tanks and plumbing from freezing in cold temps. Again, appreciate all the comments. I’ll respond w what I find next week.

Matt Whitaker

Coach 1242 & 606
Tesla Model X. Tesla Model 3. Mclaren 12C. Ferrari 458