You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Lock Leaking Repair

I have plenty of the orings to rebuild the locking cylinders. If ya need them pm me and I can send you a few sets.  Also after talking to newell, they just bypass the locking pins on the older coaches, they do not rebuild them. And trust me when you are on the road and they start leaking , they make a terrible mess is the coach.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

I gained access and rebuilt both bedroom slide locks in half the time it took to clean up the mess.  If you have access and haven't rebuilt them I highly recommend doing so.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(03-13-2024, 06:20 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I heard somewhere that HWH said to discontinue use of the locking pins you might think I'm crazy but I heard it somewhere be it true or not. My rear locking pins have never worked.

Jack,
Here is my experience with bypassing the salon slide (rear slide pin) actuator only.  With the slide pins retracted i.e. not locked, hydraulic lines cap and stowed.  I believe the electrical connector was still connected if my memory serves me well.  The only difference from an operating normally slide was the rear slide lock actuator was hydraulically removed from the hydraulic sequencing.  Here is what happened, extending the slide the floor would not raise in the final sequence of operation.  The HWH logic did not have a correct signal from that lock pin thus would not raise the floor as the system did not know the real position of the slide.  Because I only bypassed the rear lock pin the front lock pin was still in the system (hydraulically and electrically).  I have not tried to disable both lock pins (like your rear slide) to see what the system would do in that condition.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

So the sequence for the salon slide has to make a switch when the raised floor is fully up for the next process which is lock the slide in then the pump turns off after the locking pin switches see the lock extended. On my rear slide the pins do not go down so either the switches under the bed are not doing their job or its been bypassed at some time before my ownership. So it can't be done on the salon slide, I'm going to dig into this deeper when we get home. Thanks for the insight.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,
Since I did not disconnect the electrical connector the sequencing saw the position of the slide pin actuator....if the pin moved or slipped from the fully unlock position it then would have a mis-compare with the front slide lock confusing the logic board and shutting down the floor sequence action. HWH most likely disconnects the electrical connector and jumpers the wire depending on the logic board needing to see a N.O. or N.C. situation on both locks.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL