You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mystery switch

There's a coach painter in Bremen, Indiana that Doug Hostetler, who I met at the Factory, told me about.  He had his '92 resprayed there at a very reasonable price and it looked well done.  The shop is Mike's Custom Painting.  I agree any dark color absorbs heat like crazy.  Some are spraying the tops of their slides white to improve IR rejection too.  You'd think that would be a nobrainer given the entire roof is white anyway.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

I called several shops both local and far. All of them were in the high 20's to mid 30's as a starting base. There is a painter on the AZ Yuma border in Mexico called Navarro Bros painting. They do phenomenal work for 10-15k. I could not get myself to pay 30k for a paint job. I am the type to learn to do it myself at that rate!

Even so, I will look up Mike's custom painting. If you have a contact number, please let me know. We would do all white with slate blue and silver trimmings. (White roof too!)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

A couple buddies helped me paint mine. It’s not difficult but it is hard, time consuming work. About $5k in paint and material.        

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Wow, that looks nice! Your tail lights look much nicer than my faded ones. Did you replace them or modify them altogether? Willing to paint mine too?! LOL

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312