You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Zone 2 whisper fan inop ??

Had a full aqua hot service done today, I thought I had two bad pumps to the "mid" aqua hot/teddy fan and the front drivers whisper fan. Neither of these zones have supplied hot heat since I have owned #746 until today!  It turns out someone prior to me had  cut a wire and the other one was just a bad connection Shame on me for not verifying the connections.

Now that the zones are getting hot water via the aqua hot I only need to solve one issue with the fan at the mid ship register. We cut the wire to the fans and applied 12 volts, HEY Mikie they work!! so fans are not the issue. Next we checked to see if the board on the aqua hot is giving 12 volts, YES it is.

We finally jumped the thermostat/fan on the coach side of the aqua hot board and guess what?? The mid coach fans come on!! YESSSSS  Now the final issue is why doesn't the fan respond to the thermostat???
The Tech thinks that someone didnt set the toggle switches correctly at the ac units on the roof.  Per records found in my owners box all four ac units were replaced around two years ago. Need to get up there and check now.

Any other ideas welcome

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Very many times the A/C replacement tech does not know to set the dip switches on the A/C control panel to route the thermostat signal to the Aqua Hot and not to a propane furnace. Bet that fixes you too.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy can I call you and pick your brain for a sec?

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

rundic, I have sent you an email.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area