You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Goodyear Air bag burping

Jeff,

I am not ordering them. Pam should order them directly from MTS. All we are doing is presenting Firestone with enough orders to actually get them on the production scheduling list.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Certain person that I need to talk with that is taking our orders?
Sure I can find phone number on google.   Since Jeff volunteered me  LOL  He likes doing this! 
Ours is same part number correct?

Thanks
Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Pam, contact Dave Anderson at Michigan Truck Spring. Yes same part number w01 358 9447.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard! I will call Monday!

Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Since the estimated "end of January" ship date has come and gone, I contacted Dave at Michigan Truck Spring today looking for an update.

Firestone has now moved the ship date out to mid March. 

As of now Dave said he has 24 of these bags on order with Firestone - hopefully that's enough to get them into production.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

Thanks for the update....mid March will still be cool to change them out.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

For those of us waiting on Firestone air bags, today's update is not good news.

Firestone is now telling Michigan Truck Spring that delivery has pushed to late April. When asked how firm that date is I got a very blunt "who knows" type of answer. I received a similar response when I asked what else could be done to convince Firestone to make a run. MTS is clearly frustrated with Firestone too. They have had these bags on backorder now for a full year. Some of his orders date back to last March.

I am not in a big rush, so I can just wait impatiently for the bags to show up. Having said that, I am snooping around a bit to see if I can scare any up elsewhere 

I'll pass along information as it becomes available.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

Followed up with MTS this week on our order.  Firestone is still saying late April to get the order to MTS.  At least the ship date is consistent with the last inquiry and has not slipped.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I had no problem finding 8 new airbags for my 1986, my assumption is they were more "industry standard" at the time and are still readily available. Has anybody looked into creating an adapter kit to utilize readily available airbags?

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

i have said this in an earlier post. when i changed the goodyear bag on my 99, they had redesigned it from the bags that we had troubles with burping. i compared the old and new bag with the same part number and it clearly had changed. at least on the one i had. i think i have one new one still in the shop, i will find it friday and take pictures of it

that was about 2.5 years ago. my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH