You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kohler 12.5kw replacement relay

I have a bad relay in my generator and having trouble finding a replacement. Its a Potter Brumfield AB-1301 and has 8 posts.

Even numbers on one side and odd on the other. When the relay is off posts 8 and 2 are connected, and posts 7 and 1 are connected. When the relay is actuated posts 8 and 4 are connected and posts 7 and 3 are connected. Posts 5 and 6 turn on the switch.

I would think theres a modern replacement but have not been able to find one. I have thought about wiring in 2 relays to replace it. Any tips would be appreciated.  I apologize for the attached relay diagram, I am sure its not correctly notated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marcus

Former caretaker of 1983 Newell, Cummins VT903, Allison 654CR

I may have a NOS or good used one.  I can look on Monday.   If not, there are a number of options.  Here is one on Zoro.com.  https://www.zoro.com/omron-plug-in-relay.../G2493802/.   You will need a base also.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

i am removing my kohler 12.5kw next week free to anyone who wants it, Runs but has tons of blowby makes good electricity. New Martin Diesel yanmar going in its place. located in NH
pm if you want it

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad