You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

WTEC II Shift Pad doesn't light

(04-07-2023, 05:17 AM)Richard Wrote:  David,

I am not trying to nit pick your words, I truly am trying to help find a needle in a haystack with you. Keeping in mind that us armchair quarterbacks are no better than the on site info provided by the poster’

You have made two statements which seem to be in conflict to me. taking it to the battery and connect pins 1 and 6 to positive and pin 7 to negative  AND Pins 1 and 7 are hot all the time in the shift pad, and voltage to 6 wakes up the shifter. Is pin 7 supposed to be connected to 12V positive or negative. The Allison schematics I have been looking at show two negative connections through the VIM box.

Can you snap a photo of the schematic and post it?

Sorry, I misspoke. You are correct.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

OK, today I managed to get the shift pad to light. Before I cranked, I checked the wires at the diagnostic port. They seemed fine. I cranked and to my surprise it lit. I got a blinking Service 8 code. I shut down and cranked again. Still lit, so I'm now looking for a code list. It's sensing something wrong, now to find out more.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

https://cdn.mpparts.com/pdfs/Trans%20Codes.pdf

Service 8?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

OK, I'm finally fixed, I hope. The flashing service went away. Don't know why.

I took another look at all the wiring, connections, etc. and couldn't find anything. An earlier poster mentioned his problem was a relay. I decided I would replace all 6 and tried to locate some online. Discontinued. I called Newell to see if they had any, they said no, but go to any automotive store and they should have a compatible relay. No luck at my local store, so I went online and found a Heller replacement. Newell now uses Heller. I ordered 6 at about $8 ea. Replaced all 6 and the shift pad lights and the transmission shifts.

I guess it was a stuck relay. Thanks to everyone who jumped in to help with this. This is the best forum.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Congratulations !!!!

Do you mind telling us the physical location of these relays?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Awesome!! My wife has a Smart car and her signals would not work. Turned out to be a hidden relay that was bad. I never would think those would fail but they do. Hopefully this is the final cure for your woes.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(04-18-2023, 05:00 PM)Richard Wrote:  Congratulations !!!!

Do you mind telling us the physical location of these relays?

There are 6 beside the ECU inside
the box with the black cover.

(04-18-2023, 05:04 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Awesome!! My wife has a Smart car and her signals would not work. Turned out to be a hidden relay that was bad. I never would think those would fail but they do. Hopefully this is the final cure for your woes.

Thanks!

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Thank you!

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad