You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Digital Tachometer

I have been without a functioning tachometer since 2010. The sending unit (signal generator) is located on the front of the engine between the engine block,  and the fan, and is extremely difficult to get at.....ask Richard.....he's pulled it out twice trying to fix it.  My latest attempt to fix it was last March when we were here at Tom's,  and I was once again unsuccessful in fixing it.  It was then I decided to replace the original Stuart-Warner analog tach with a digital one which gets it's signal from the Leece-Neville alternator.  I priced one with Speedhut out of Utah then but they could not promise delivery until well after we would be leaving Tom's,  so I put off the replacement.  

Fast forward to February 9th of this year.  We were going to drive down to Tom's from Oregon on the 10, so I ordered the tach,  and just received it yesterday.  It was easy to install,  and calibrate,  and now I finally have a working tachometer once again!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Nice work!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Nice job, and American made. I am going to miss you climbing under your coach to repair the output on your old unit.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59