You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Door issues

A modification of Tom's fix might be to locate the scuffed places and file carefully as Tom instructed.  Instead of painting and waiting until the paint dries apply carbon black like that used to inlet a barrel in a rifle stock.  Close the door and see where the carbon has been rubbed off and repeat if necessary.  Might save a little time before the final repaint.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

A little tuning with a dead blow hammer helped mine a bit.

I do see your situation is excessive, and may require removal of the door and some rework.

Your coach likely hit the road in 91. I know some things have moved around a bit on me in the last 30 years. :-(

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine was worse than yours.Dead blow hammer and a little anger helped.

1995 # 390

Keith,show me some pictures of what the door frame looks like after the hammer

I will not be at The Coach until Thurs.I can send some then.the frame damage from door sticking is much worse than the love taps from hammer.

1995 # 390

Easy enough fix. Mine was dead tight to the point of overlap (The door and the trim piece that runs alongside door frame.  Cut a 2x4 about 1 inch wider then door frame and wedged it between the frame and bumped it with only hand pressure. That moved the trim back 1/8 of an inch. Drilled hole and rivited in that position, moved board and repeated till it had several secure points. I'll put a little touch up paint on the rivits and good as new.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1992 Newell #288