You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

mystery box

Sorry Richard, been fixing other issues. Haven't messed with that box much. I did push the switch for about a minute and heard air coming out under coach but never saw it dropping down. I'll message with it some more in a few weeks. We are heading to get the front airbags installed Monday then heading to Tennessee for 5 or 6 months. Then I'll message with it some more.

1992 Newell #288

Lee,

No worries, enjoy Tennessee. My bride is a die hard Vol girl.

I asked those questions, and should have taken the time to tell you more about those specific questions.

Since the switch in on what we think is a HWH control box, it is reasonable to associate it with the leveling system. It could have a few different functions.

If you had a slide coach, it is the override switch that allows the transmission to go into gear IF the slide room computers think a slide is not in. But that is not your case.

If your coach is raised above normal travel height, and you flip the switch, and it lowers to travel height and stops, then the switch is likely one to force the system into travel mode.

If your coach continues to settle all the way down, then the switch is likely to dump all the air from the air bags for storage purposes.

If it behaves a different way, then info on it’s behavior will help figure it out.

It would help to know, if air also escapes at the rear six pack in the engine compartment.
It would help to know, what happens if you leave the switch on.
Does it make a difference if the key is on or off?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )