You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

headhunter mach5 buzzing and not pumping

hi all,

i looked and didnt find another post about this so i thought i would share what i had and did.

my coach has not seen the road in a while.  it stays inside my shop and stays cozy in there...

when bob was here with his 07, he graciously helped me put back together my grohe shower valve and filters.  i had it apart and got new parts but with my bum knee and being the size of sasquatch, i just couldnt kneel or stoop in that small shower to get it back together.  

after it was all back together i turned on the headhunter mach pump and no water.  turn on the 12v backup pump and there was water.  

i did the prime like headhunter says.   no go.  

so today i went out to play in the shop.  i turned the pump on and went to the water bay where the pump is.  it was buzzing and the pump was not spinning. after a couple of minutes it would shut off and flash the alarm red light on top of the pump.  then it would cycle every few minutes doing the same thing.   

i called headhunter and talked to a nice tech.  he said there is a plastic plug in the end of the pump opposite the inflow plumbing.  take it out with a flat screwdriver.  it is plastic with an o ring.  in my case the pump is facing such that i could not see the plug.  fortunately a short stubby screwdriver would get it and i took it out.  next he said inside the hole is the shaft that spins and it has a flat screwdriver slot on it.  it should spin freely.   i used a boroscope to see where the shaft was.   i put the stubby screwdriver in and it was bound up.  with some gently force, i was able to spin it back and forth until it was free.  

i assume the sitting didnt help this thing.  

i put the cap back in, turned the pump and and wallah......there is water.  

he said if that didnt fix it, that it was likely a starter cap which is under the top panel of the pump.  

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

btw, he said that starter cap was 30 uf.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH