You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello All;

4 questions:
    a.) What are your general impressions of FMCA?
    b.) Have you been to a FMCA rally?
    c.) Would you recommend joining it?
    d.) Impressions on its seminars?

As my wife and I are narrowing down our choices on Newell's, was wondering about this organization, and whether or not to join.

Thank You for your input.

Tex

I have been a member of FMCA for many years. Used to love their magazine. A few years ago they expanded their scope to include travel trailers, 5th wheels, etc. Don't know if it was a good business strategy but it certainly diluted their magazines value as far as I was concerned. Never been to an FMCA rally. I'm not much on parking on a large grass field with everyone jammed in around you and frequently no power, water, dump, etc. Some have honey wagons and water refill trucks and some limited power available. Works for many but not for us. Was a long time member of Escapees and used a number of their parks and their mail forwarding service for over 10 years.

The Michelin tire discount program through FMCA is good and I have used it several times.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We have been FMCA members for over 20 years. They were founded as an organization for Motor coach owners. It seems that their focus and value to motor home owners was diluted when they opened up the membership opportunity to travel trailer owners in an effort to shore up declining membership numbers. It seems that the magazine articles are a bit elementary for seasoned RV owners but would be quite helpful for newbies. Like Michael, I have used their Michelin tire discount and was satisfied.
I recommend FMCA to friends who have purchased an RV. An annual membership is relatively inexpensive.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I went to 1 rally in Madison, Ws. As posted above- wall to wall- like being at the mall on Black Friday. Never again. I am still a member as I want to learn as much as I can about how to operate a pop-up.  Big Grin

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

The National Tire Concerige Service Michelin discount is way better than FMCA. It is $135 per tire better on 315s plus you get a 3 year wheel and tire road hazard warranty on each new tire. In addition, you will be signed up to Michelin On-Call. This is a 24/7 road side service for Michelin tires that will have Michelin provider with your size tire at the NTCS price at your coach in 2 hours.

Got a phone call from a Newell stuck in Kerrville, TX, with a bad 365. He had called for two days and could not find a tire. Everyone said they do not have that tire and do not expect to get one either. We called Dave Ward who called me back in 30 minutes sharing he would have a 365 there the next day or the day after. This was commented on this forum at the time.

Dave and Wendy Ward 3 two 1 607-2265 or 3 two 1 747-8465

I have no use for the FMAC anymore and save the dues for things that benefit Caroln and I. It was a good organization back in the 1990s.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I have been a member for over 30 years and have attended many rallies. Many good seminars over the years, and I looked forward to shopping with the many vendors that attend.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I have been a member for 15 yrs.

I echo what others have said. The seminars and the magazine are targeted to those who are learning the ropes of RV life.

I understand their shift to include all types of RVs. The shift reflects the sharp decline in sales of Class A’s compared to other types. They had to shift their target demographic or close shop.

I keep the membership because there a few campgrounds every trip that only honor a FMCA discount, same for Good Sam’s. The membership usually pays for itself with those discounts, and the magazine goes into the “library”.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )