You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

siriusxm subscription tricks

hi all,

i have several cars with sat radio (my g90 and palisade).  i really do like some of the channels.  so i use it frequently.  

if you are willing to put a few minutes into a phone call with them, you can save some money.   i have for the past 2 or 3 years.   i pay $12.12 per month for both vehicles (meaning $6.06 per vehicle).  i just renewed it this morning.  each year i call and say i am not willing to pay what they are asking (in this case 40 dollars per month) and they go through a number of special offers until i find one i am ok with.  and i get streaming for this price as well. 

never had a hard time getting the cheaper rate

for whats is worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Bought a Sirius lifetime subscription 16 years ago. With the app on our phones both Suzy & I use it through the vehicle bluetooth.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve, that was great foresight. now the rest of us have to pay month to month. at least i have figured out how to get it cheap.

hear you and richard had a nice visit

tom

One has to put a little context to my choice. In 2006 there were two satellite radio companies--XM & Sirius. Rumor was that either one or both companies could go out of business. I made a $500 bet that Sirius would survive. Sometimes you get lucky.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I had XM (Sirius XM after the merger) for 15 years. In 2006 I started telecommuting full time and I would listen to XM all day while working. The thing I had a problem with, as well as many long-haul truckers, was their short playlists for the stations. My wife convinced me to switch to Pandora and I love it. Much better music selection, you can create your own playlists and download them to your device for playback on the road without having to have an Internet connection. The Premium Family plan is $15 a month and allows you 6 accounts.

Another issue I had with XM is driving from Boise to McCall involves canyons where XM loses its signal because of the terrain.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

And if you have an amazon prime subscription they have streaming music for free.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

yup, i do alot of that. and darlene would never be able to figure out how to stream from her phone to the car. she likes sat radio.

tom

Hi Tom. Hope you get up and at 'em. We talked Sirius when you were here and my subs ran out in Feb., so I did the holdout thing. Now we are at about $135/yr for 2 radios.

My dad has a lifetime but Sirius won't transfer to his car. His sub is on a portable unit so he has it playing in the house.

There are some issues with reception in steep terrain, like Sun Valley and Glacier, but usually short lived. The wife sometimes plays local radio but I only listen to Sirius. Take care, Mark

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

Mark,
If your dad has a lifetime he can play Sirius through their app on a smart phone. Then he can bluetooth it to a car or speaker. I haven't turned on the radio that has the subscription in years.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531