You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying and Driving Coach#650 across Country

Hey everyone and thank you soo much for all the advice. I did get a chance to read it a day ago but am just now somewhere with strong enough signal to post back. So I'll try to give a run down of the trip so far and plans for rest of it.

Picked Coach up in Newport, OR where I did arrive in time to meet the owner pull it out of climate storage where it had been for 15 months (covid). And as Tfrazier said I spent several weeks communicating with him and got the feeling he was being honest with me and after getting a day or so to review all the records and invoices he had with it, I feel much better.

-That said I still put all new Michelins on in Salem, OR. Check wheel seals, brakes and rotors all the way around. Found it could use pads on drive axle. Also needs (2) 74" compressor belts which no ones had in stock 4 stops later - so for time being I just removed them and cut the A/c off inside. Left Salem, OR tuesday afternoon and am currently on I-70 west of Kansas City tracking towards Miami. My plans and hopes were to get close enough to stop by there in the morning since there not open on the weekends and hopefully at least purchase the parts I need. I did speak with them and they have unless yall have any other suggestions.

Also since I've never been to the Factory does anyone know if there doing any kind of tours or anything right now? Or if they've got some hook ups for overnight ? If not Ive got days with thousand trails / good sams etc but a nicer park with some nice hot showers would be preferred. Again apologies, for the length of the post but its easiest to send it all once until I get some better reception. And as soon as I do that I will also post a few pics of the trip so far.

Thanks,
Spenser Fossell

Spenser and Karoline Fossell
Prior owners of 1999 Double Slide Coach #506
Future owners of 2003 Quad Slide Coach #650

Hey again, just glanced through them again - trips overall from Newport, OR - Lexington , SC , making a stop in Miami, OK. So yes of course as soon as I'm back love to meet up with everyone's that local. And concerning slide conditioning I am having an issue with the front curb slide. As I understand it this coach #650 was one of the first ones equipped with the valid electrics. What's happening happening is after all the slides are retracted in. 3 out of 4 go through the steps on the controller ( seal deaflating , etc etc, release button , seal inflating ) and then say slide secure but the front curb slide continues to say seal inflating. Leading me to think theres an air line issue / controller / or just possibly the seal is leaking slowly but I Can visually verify it inflate. Is there any possibility thats tied directly to fact that without the coach running it looses all air pressure in about 3 hours. As long as the coach is on though it lifts up into travel mode to what I'd consider just fine. Thanks!

- Spenser Fossell

Spenser and Karoline Fossell
Prior owners of 1999 Double Slide Coach #506
Future owners of 2003 Quad Slide Coach #650

Pull into the parking lot behind the building and pick your self out a spot.

No mechanics there on Friday, but perhaps one of the sales people can walk you through the Valid issue. I would call Valid. They can walk you through the troubleshooting drill.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Call Newell you’ll get a message to prompt you to select service after hours. It’ll call forward to their message center. Newell is great at returning the call. They’ll give you Valid’s service number. Valid can walk you through it. Also, Tracy in Newell’s service department is great with Valid slides.

Dale
2013 Newell #1472