You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coolant-Detroit Diesel Series 60

Steve D.,

They (the seated coach operator) installed a Luber Finer LFW4685 on my Series 60 with the Final Charge Global OAT coolant. They've been running Prevost coaches for 25-30 years, have north of 30 buses, and service a good number of customer coaches, so I'm comfortable with their guidance.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Robert, I would caution you. I called the people who produce Final Charge Global and a Detriot service center they both told me to flush the system and replace it, if a SCA filter was used with it. Newell also used a LFW4685 and it is indeed a SCA release filter. In my opinion I decided to follow the direction of the coolant manufacturer and the Detriot SC. Newell told me the same- it wont matter what filter is used. Logic and to side with caution i decided to flush/ replace and used the correct filter.

Jesse Coach #582

Jesse, per my research on Luber Finer's site (and per the discussions I had with two people at the service company) , the LFW4685 is non-SCA. Here is the snippet from Luber Finer documentation viewable at

https://luberfiner.com/documents/misc/en...Filter.pdf

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert

Robert, your good! And Correct the 4685 is non SCA, the 4075 is the SCA. Im sorry for that!

No sweat, Jesse...I appreciate the concern! Big Grin

Robert

Tom,
Filterbarn did close unfortunately. Prior to closing their stock became less and less, so I looked for alternatives. I watch EBAY for deals on filters I use and Amazon sometimes is good.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I use Patriot-Supply.com.

Joe Moody (516)249-3100

[email protected]

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area