You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash removal / replace backup cam #485

I'm guessing there is already a post on taking the dash apart... but I haven't been able to find it. Feel free to point me in the right direction if this is an old question.

I need to replace my backup monitor. I think I have the original Sony.  It looks like if i could figure out how to remove that upper large piece of dash i could access everything in there.  But I'm not sure what holds that dash in place, and how to get it loose.  Any hints?  (See photo for my dash config)

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

Hello Alan,
I had to replace my TXV valve on the evaporator coil for the dash air. That involved taking out the monitor among other things....for right now lets focus on the monitor. The speaker on the passenger side needs to come out. On my speaker, I had to gently pry out the center grill to gain access to the four mounting screws under the grill....your speaker may be different. Once the speaker is removed there are two thumb type screws/bolts on the right side of the monitor. There are two of the same on the other side. Looks like your HWH control panel will need to be removed to gain access to the left side....be careful removing that panel as the connector is delicate. Once those monitor screws are removed it will take some fiddling to slide the monitor out.

With the HWH panel out of the way, you may not have to but in my case I also had to remove the gas pedal and brake pedal to make room to reach around and into that space.

Hope this helps.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks Steve!

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides