You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1450 2012 For Sale

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2012-Ne...5015480310

I'm going to take a look at this coach next week.  Seems fairly priced for year and mileage.  Original owner and appears to be well kept.  Any thoughts or advice on Newell's from that time period?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

My 2013 runs like a champ. Love it. Check DOT on tires and ask for service records. Even if service records are up to date factor in odd and end repairs.

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

Also seeing it has the Cummins ISX 600.  I'm wondering if it is one of the model engines that had the serious valve issues?  Anyone know when Newell stopped using that particular Cummins engine?

Rob

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

There’s another 2012 listed that states it has new Engine so does make me wonder if 2012 had some issues. It a great looking coach though and attractive price.

Matt Whitaker

Coach 1242 & 606
Tesla Model X. Tesla Model 3. Mclaren 12C. Ferrari 458

On a positive note, a  new engine may indicate the problem had been "resolved" if the coach had a defective ISX with the dreaded #6 cylinder issue related to def. I have noticed that many coaches never get a lot of miles on them before catastrophic engine  failure.  These failures are  often due to long periods of storage, and lack of preventative maintenance, cooling issues , dried out seals and gaskets, broken belts etc, . 100,000  miles on a semi truck may happen in a year. There are many 20 year old Newells out there that still don't have that on the odometer. Just my 2 cents as Tom would say, but I would rather purchase a higher mileage coach in good condition than a stored low mileage one.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Here is what I have determined on my limited research.  The ISX (EPA 2007) is the engine that may have the valve issues.  It is the pre-DEF engine with a dual overhead cam design.  The ISX15 (EPA 2010) was the next model that is a DEF engine.  It has a single overhead cam design.

The above coach #1450 has the ISX I believe.  Newell probably had some remaining in stock, and the owner elected to go with the pre-DEF engine.  It may be in my best interest to look at later 2012's or 2013's.

Rob

Rob
2016 Newell #1536