You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Introduction - and first question.

Hi everyone, Dan G here.  I'm looking forward to purchasing a Newell, hopefully this year.  Just getting my support network setup :-)

I've been curious about two things:

1) Especially for those of you with fairly new coaches, so you ever have any trouble or get any attitudes from folks in more run-of-the-mill RV parks where a >$1 million coach is pretty rare?  You know, the place you might stop for only one night on a long trip.  Outside of luxury coach resorts, I am wondering if people might see a Newell (or a Liberty, etc) as pretentious.

2) What opportunities and adventures do you feel you have missed out on because your coach was too big or heavy?

Thanks, guys - looking forward to making this my Newell support home!

#1. No. For the most part RVers are great people. 

#2. Because of the size I plan each trip so I miss the spontaneous adventures a smaller RV would provide.

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

1. I don’t know what other’s think. All I can control is how I act. I say hey to everyone, and help them if they need it.

2. We are not tethered to the coach. If we want to go backpacking, we take the gear and go. If we want to take an excursion, we leave the coach in an RV park, and Rhonda will snag a night or two at a BNB, or lodge. We do not let the places we can park the coach, limit our travel .

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Only having owned a '93 and '98 I've had people tell me they wish they could afford a Newell. Usually from someone who has spent 3-4 times what I did. We probably spend more time at regular campgrounds rather than high end resorts. We've also found that retirees are less concerned what others have than weekenders. There are all types out there but like Richard said you can't control what they think. Only how you act.
Interestingly the most common comment I get is "you only have x number of slides?" These are mostly from the ones who are envious of a Newell.
We bought our Newells for the quality and engineering. Not to be pretentious. We have a Foretravel now only because Newell doesn't build a 36'. The FT does allow us to get into smaller areas and be nearer places we want to explore.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Great comments. And thanks, folivier. I'm surprised FT makes a 36 foot!