You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water seperator fix on Conmet sight bowl.

I have a water seperator on my 1984 Classic and wanted to replace the plastic bowl on the Conmet that was cracked so I made a new bottom.  I used some metal and tapped a new plug on the bottom and used a plasma cutting table to make perfect circle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ceasar & Anna Vasquez
1984 Newell 40' Classic #15
8V92TA 445 HP Big Grin
Allison HT740
Willows Ca

Great job Caesar.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Awesome mcgyver move. Just wondering if the replacement clear bowl is still available somewhere? I’m sure complete units are from other vendors.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

I too have the same generator fuel/water seperator. Has anyone replaced it with a modern unit? I would love to find a unicorn and do it with a "plug and play" without having to disturb and reroute or change fuel lines or fittings. ( Don't judge, I know I am lazy)  Smile

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Guy , I installed Hanlv separators last year,  sourced from ebay . Under $70 each , Parker knock off . At 180 gph flow they are overkill , especially for the generator. I like the replaceable filter , the Conmet units have no filtration. I'm afraid there have been no Unicorn sightings , the Hanlv is not a bolt on plug and play. I made a bracket to mount them and worked out the plumbing , not a huge deal as the ports are SAE .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand